A new home has collapsed in Dublin, killing two people.
The Dublin City Council has confirmed it has received a complaint about a property in the city’s east end.
It was built in 1885 and was owned by Thomas Whelan, who was a prominent builder.
Mr Whelans died in the fire at his home on December 19, 2018.
His family said he had a home that was in poor condition and the council had been working with his estate.
Mr Ward said it was a nice house with good landscaping, and that it had recently been refurbished.
It is understood that repairs were not as good for the owners as they were a decade ago.
Mr Giannuzzi said there were a number of structural issues with the house.
“It has collapsed several times and there’s been other issues,” he said.
“There is not as much maintenance as the previous owner, which is a shame.”
Mr Ward, who is from County Kildare, said the property had been in his family for more than 40 years.
“I’m shocked it happened in my own home,” he added.
“That’s what I’m shocked about.
I’m very, very sad about it.”
A spokesperson for the council said they were working with the estate to assess the situation.
They said the council was investigating the circumstances surrounding the fire and would hold a public inquiry into the cause.